Be part of DC’s premiere poetry event and the only festival of its kind in the country, highlighting poets working at the intersection of the imagination and social change!
Split This Rock Poetry Festival: Poems of Provocation & Witness 2016, to be held April 14-17, 2016, will gather poets, activists, and dreamers in DC for four days of readings, workshops, discussions, youth voices & activism — and YOU CAN BE AT THE HEART OF IT ALL!
- Registration Assistant: Support the festival registration process
- Volunteer Manager: Recruit, manage, and coordinate festival volunteers
- Marketing Manager: Oversee festival publicity & social media outreach
- Venue Manager: Work with festival venues to prepare for festival
- Special Events Manager: Coordinate call to action event, open mics, festival party, and book fair
- Fundraising Intern: Supports sponsorship & fundraising efforts
While all internships are unpaid, all interns receive:
- Free festival registration!
- Free festival t-shirt!
- Priceless work experience!
- Exposure to some of the most significant and artistically vibrant poets today including Amal Al-Jouburi, Jennifer Bartlett, Jan Beatty, Reginald Dwayne Betts, Regie Cabico, Dominique Christina, Martha Collins, Nikky Finney, Ross Gay, Aracelis Girmay, Rigoberto González, Linda Hogan, Dawn Lundy Martin, Craig Santos Perez, and Ocean Vuong – plus, U.S. Poet Laureate Juan Felipe Herrera at a special festival kick-off event.
Send resume, cover letter, and a brief prose (no poetry please!) writing sample of up to 2 pages to Tiana Trutna at email@example.com. Positions available till filled and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Be Part of the Split This Rock Festival Leadership Team!